The Young Associates are the young leaders, the innovators, the entrepreneurs who advance the Manitoba Economy.
Since 1993, the Young Associates (YA) have engaged young professionals through various unique developmental and networking forums. Inspired by their mission statement: Learn. Connect. Give Back. The YA is Manitoba’s premier network of young leaders connected to the I.H. Asper School of Business and to The Associates of the I.H. Asper School of Business.
The Young Associates are hosting a live presentation exclusive to YA and the Associates featuring Emergent BioSolutions “Local Innovators and COVID-19” on Thursday, May 07, 2020 at 12:55 PM. Learn how and what this local company is doing to find a solution to end...
The Associates and YA will be hosting our upcoming virtual presentations using Zoom. Participants will be able to view the presentation in real time and may be able to interact with each other, depending on the presentation format. To use Zoom, you will need to have a...
Dear Young Associates, The YA were formed in 1993 to support the Asper School of Business and to provide the same network for ideas, experience and education offered by the Associates but catered to meet the needs of the younger business community. Since the...
Dear Associates, YA, Partners, Supporters and Friends, In light of the rapidly changing status of COVID-19, our office hours will be limited until further notice and we will continue to operate at the best of our capability. During these extraordinary times, our...
Inspired by their mission statement: Connect, Learn, Give Back. Since 1993 the Young Associates have linked young professionals to the business community offering developmental and networking forums. It is Manitoba’s premier network of young professionals connected to the I.H. Asper School of Business.
The Associates are the leaders, the innovators, the entrepreneurs who advance the Manitoba economy. Since 1982, the Associates have been dedicated to the advancement of the business education at the I.H. Asper School of Business. Comprised of more than 300 senior executives, the Associates link the Asper School to the business community through mentorship, networking and philanthropy.
Awarded first in 1984, IDEA honours international entrepreneurial success. The recipients are presented with the iconic IDEA medallion which they receive at the Associates annual IDEA dinner. The Associates’ tremendous efforts and influence ensures IDEA achieves increasing success by celebrating extraordinary recipients. IDEA generates international awareness and notoriety to the I.H. Asper School of Business and the entire University of Manitoba and serve as an inspiration for students and community.
TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN YA
1. Gain access to unique professional and educational development opportunities.
2. Partake in behind-the-scenes tours of Winnipeg’s most dynamic companies.
3. Learn first-hand from distinguised business leaders and CEOs at the YA’s Boardroom Series events.
4. Connect with a diverse group of like-minded future Manitoba leaders.
5. Gain experience as a mentor and volunteer with the Asper School of Business.
6. Take advantage of leadership opportunities by engaging in commit- tees and the Young Associates Board.
7. Be a part of the YA’s success story, helping to grow the organization with events such as the flagship Black & White gala.
8. Access discounted pricing for the International Distinguished Entrepreneur Award (IDEA) Dinner.
9. Support the Asper School of Business in delivering world-class business education in Manitoba.
10. Connect with prominent members of the business community via special invitation to select Associate events.