Connect Learn Give Back
IGNITE 2024 Recipient
The Young Associates are the young leaders, the innovators, and the entrepreneurs who advance the Manitoba Economy.
Since 1993, the Young Associates (YA) have engaged young professionals through various unique developmental and networking forums. Inspired by their mission statement: Learn. Connect. Give Back. The YA is Manitoba’s premier network of young leaders connected to the I.H. Asper School of Business and to The Associates of the I.H. Asper School of Business.
MEDIA RELEASE NOVEMBER 24, 2023 The Young Associates, part of the University of Manitoba Business School Foundation, are pleased to announce the 2024 recipient of the IGNITE award is Mark Chipman, the Executive Chairman of the Board of True North Sports &...
UM alum Ash Modha receives first IGNITE award SEPTEMBER 16, 2022 — On September 7, 2022, The Young Associates of the Asper School of Business celebrated the inaugural IGNITE awards at the RBC Convention Centre. A crowd of more than 600 Asper students, business leaders...
The Young Associates, the younger members of the organization that supports students and faculty at the Asper School of Business at the University of Manitoba, is launching a new event called Ignite, specifically targeted at new students. At a dinner on September 8 it...
Ash Modha of Mondetta Clothing to Receive Inaugural IGNITE Award The Young Associates invite students to IGNITE connections and inspiration at new event September 8th Winnipeg, MB – The Young Associates (“The YA”), part of the University of Manitoba Business School...
Inspired by their mission statement: Connect, Learn, Give Back. Since 1993 the Young Associates have linked young professionals to the business community offering developmental and networking forums. It is Manitoba’s premier network of young professionals connected to the I.H. Asper School of Business.
The Associates are the leaders, the innovators, the entrepreneurs who advance the Manitoba economy. Since 1982, the Associates have been dedicated to the advancement of the business education at the I.H. Asper School of Business. Comprised of more than 300 senior executives, the Associates link the Asper School to the business community through mentorship, networking and philanthropy.
Awarded first in 1984, IDEA honours international entrepreneurial success. The recipients are presented with the iconic IDEA medallion which they receive at the Associates annual IDEA dinner. The Associates’ tremendous efforts and influence ensures IDEA achieves increasing success by celebrating extraordinary recipients. IDEA generates international awareness and notoriety to the I.H. Asper School of Business and the entire University of Manitoba and serve as an inspiration for students and community.
Top 10 Reasons To Join YA
1. Gain access to unique professional and educational development opportunities.
2. Partake in behind-the-scenes tours of Winnipeg’s most dynamic companies.
3. Learn first-hand from distinguished business leaders and CEOs at the YA’s Boardroom Series events.
4. Connect with a diverse group of like-minded future Manitoba leaders.
5. Gain experience as a mentor and volunteer with the Asper School of Business.
6. Take advantage of leadership opportunities by engaging in commit- tees and the Young Associates Board.
7. Be a part of the YA’s success story, helping to grow the organization with events.
8. Access discounted pricing for the International Distinguished Entrepreneur Award (IDEA) Dinner.
9. Support the Asper School of Business in delivering world-class business education in Manitoba.
10. Connect with prominent members of the business community via special invitation to select Associate events.
Follow the Young Associates on social media to engage with the YA community and stay up to date on all events.