The Young Associates are the young leaders, the innovators, the entrepreneurs who advance the Manitoba Economy.
Since 1993, the Young Associates (YA) have engaged young professionals through various unique developmental and networking forums. Inspired by their mission statement: Learn. Connect. Give Back. The YA is Manitoba’s premier network of young leaders connected to the I.H. Asper School of Business and to The Associates of the I.H. Asper School of Business.
Carly Edmundson is a Young Associate and the new Chair of the YA, effective August 2020. Carly currently works as the Director of Marketing & Communications at Cushman & Wakefield | Stevenson, Manitoba’s largest full-service commercial real estate firm and has...
Joshua Zaporzan connects with Marty Minshull to discuss goal setting and why setting goals matters for professional development. Marty is a Young Associate and is the youngest person ever appointed as Regional Director at IG Wealth Management, where he currently leads...
Joshua Zaporzan and Dayna Spiring (Associate & the President & CEO of Economic Development Winnipeg) talk about Winnipeg and why Winnipeg is a great place to work, live and visit. Check out Josh's podcast here! Dayna discusses what she believes Winnipeg is...
Adam Nepon, Founder of MBA Consulting & Co. tells us what mentorship looks like during this time, and how he continues to connect and learn from inspiring people. Keep an eye out for Burt - a very special guest! Check out Adam's video here!
Inspired by their mission statement: Connect, Learn, Give Back. Since 1993 the Young Associates have linked young professionals to the business community offering developmental and networking forums. It is Manitoba’s premier network of young professionals connected to the I.H. Asper School of Business.
The Associates are the leaders, the innovators, the entrepreneurs who advance the Manitoba economy. Since 1982, the Associates have been dedicated to the advancement of the business education at the I.H. Asper School of Business. Comprised of more than 300 senior executives, the Associates link the Asper School to the business community through mentorship, networking and philanthropy.
Awarded first in 1984, IDEA honours international entrepreneurial success. The recipients are presented with the iconic IDEA medallion which they receive at the Associates annual IDEA dinner. The Associates’ tremendous efforts and influence ensures IDEA achieves increasing success by celebrating extraordinary recipients. IDEA generates international awareness and notoriety to the I.H. Asper School of Business and the entire University of Manitoba and serve as an inspiration for students and community.
TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN YA
1. Gain access to unique professional and educational development opportunities.
2. Partake in behind-the-scenes tours of Winnipeg’s most dynamic companies.
3. Learn first-hand from distinguised business leaders and CEOs at the YA’s Boardroom Series events.
4. Connect with a diverse group of like-minded future Manitoba leaders.
5. Gain experience as a mentor and volunteer with the Asper School of Business.
6. Take advantage of leadership opportunities by engaging in commit- tees and the Young Associates Board.
7. Be a part of the YA’s success story, helping to grow the organization with events such as the flagship Black & White gala.
8. Access discounted pricing for the International Distinguished Entrepreneur Award (IDEA) Dinner.
9. Support the Asper School of Business in delivering world-class business education in Manitoba.
10. Connect with prominent members of the business community via special invitation to select Associate events.