Connect Learn Give Back
The Young Associates are the young leaders, the innovators, and the entrepreneurs who advance the Manitoba Economy.
Since 1993, the Young Associates (YA) have engaged young professionals through various unique developmental and networking forums. Inspired by their mission statement: Learn. Connect. Give Back. The YA is Manitoba’s premier network of young leaders connected to the I.H. Asper School of Business and to The Associates of the I.H. Asper School of Business.
Silvia de Sousa is a Partner at TDS and an expert in Intellectual Property and Technology Law. In this episode, Silvia shares her thoughts and insight into the ever-evolving technology world and how businesses can, and should, protect their intellectual property....
Over the past 35 years, Ash Modha (President & CEO) has built and expanded the Mondetta clothing brand, evolving from a niche clothing startup in Grand Beach to an international manufacturing and apparel company with a wide range of diverse platforms and...
The Future of the Accounting Profession and the Strength of CPA's. With Guest, Geeta Tucker. Geeta Tucker received her accounting designation in 1997 and was named a Fellow in 2008 in recognition of her contributions to the accounting profession. Shortly after...
Attracting & Retaining Talent in Winnipeg: With the world changing, talent acquisition and retention has become so important for every local economy, and the team at YES! Winnipeg continues to be innovative and persistent in promoting Winnipeg on a local and...
Inspired by their mission statement: Connect, Learn, Give Back. Since 1993 the Young Associates have linked young professionals to the business community offering developmental and networking forums. It is Manitoba’s premier network of young professionals connected to the I.H. Asper School of Business.
The Associates are the leaders, the innovators, the entrepreneurs who advance the Manitoba economy. Since 1982, the Associates have been dedicated to the advancement of the business education at the I.H. Asper School of Business. Comprised of more than 300 senior executives, the Associates link the Asper School to the business community through mentorship, networking and philanthropy.
Awarded first in 1984, IDEA honours international entrepreneurial success. The recipients are presented with the iconic IDEA medallion which they receive at the Associates annual IDEA dinner. The Associates’ tremendous efforts and influence ensures IDEA achieves increasing success by celebrating extraordinary recipients. IDEA generates international awareness and notoriety to the I.H. Asper School of Business and the entire University of Manitoba and serve as an inspiration for students and community.
Top 10 Reasons To Join YA
1. Gain access to unique professional and educational development opportunities.
2. Partake in behind-the-scenes tours of Winnipeg’s most dynamic companies.
3. Learn first-hand from distinguished business leaders and CEOs at the YA’s Boardroom Series events.
4. Connect with a diverse group of like-minded future Manitoba leaders.
5. Gain experience as a mentor and volunteer with the Asper School of Business.
6. Take advantage of leadership opportunities by engaging in commit- tees and the Young Associates Board.
7. Be a part of the YA’s success story, helping to grow the organization with events.
8. Access discounted pricing for the International Distinguished Entrepreneur Award (IDEA) Dinner.
9. Support the Asper School of Business in delivering world-class business education in Manitoba.
10. Connect with prominent members of the business community via special invitation to select Associate events.
Follow the Young Associates on social media to engage with the YA community and stay up to date on all events.